Vision Insurance, Paid vacation, Paid holidays, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance
Applied Metals Technologies is now hiring a Floor Supervisor.
You must submit a resume to be considered for this supervisory position.
As Floor Supervisor you will be responsible for:
• Planning, directing, and monitoring the work activities of several operating areas in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
• Supervising and working closely with management team to ensure quality and productivity objectives are exceeded.
• Working to develop new and creative ideas to improve productivity and assure achievement of established company goals and objectives.
• Previous supervision experience.
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing, 5S.
• Strong problem-solving skills, ability to lead and professionalism/diplomacy
• Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work successfully without close supervision.
• Pre-employment drug screening is required.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States.
• Develop and implement efficient/effective daily production planning and scheduling to ensure that customer requirements are met.
• Communicate production schedules to lead persons or production staff in a timely and effective manner.
• Develop and implement plans for the optimum use of plant facilities, equipment, purchased material, and workforce.
• Review production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
• Plan and schedule repairs/preventative maintenance with the maintenance department. Assist in completing repairs when required.
• Work with the Quality Manager to maintain an understanding of product and material problems encountered, assuring appropriate corrective action is taken and sustained in plant areas.
• Assure systems/procedures are established and implemented to accurately identify, safely protect, and appropriately move raw material, work in process, and finished goods to assure maximum cost effectiveness and plant productivity.
• Supervise production and maintenance operations of plant ensure associates operate in a safe, orderly, and clean environment.
• Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
• Effectively communicate with subordinates, peers, and plant leadership/management.
• Hire, train, evaluate, and discipline plant personnel. Resolve plant personnel issues.
• Motivate employees through encouragement and setting positive examples.
• Assist in the company’s philosophy to empower employees to be productively involved in process improvements and meeting company objectives for high quality and customer satisfaction.
• Assist and assure the implementation and conformance to the ISO 9001/2015 program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.